Innovation in Education Grants
Cox Charities is committed to helping children achieve their full potential in the classroom. The Innovation in Education program funds technology, programs and curriculum that promote students’ academic success and enhance the educational experience. Grants are awarded up to $10,000 to teachers and administrators in both public and private schools, grades Pre-K through 12.
- Grant requests may be submitted in two primary categories:
- Individual classroom grant (up to $5,000): program or curriculum that will impact a single classroom
- Collaborative grant (up to $10,000): program or curriculum that impacts multiple classrooms, grade levels, course disciplines or schools.
- Grants are limited to schools within the Cox Communications residential service area.
- Multiple teachers/administrators should not submit applications for the same project.
- Teachers can only receive one grant per school year. Schools may receive multiple grants as long as they are for unique requests.
- Teachers may submit one classroom grant and one collaborative grant per year.
- Funds granted by Cox Charities must be used for the request listed in the grant application. Funds must be used within the school year in which the grant was awarded, unless otherwise specified. Schools may reapply each year.
The following will not be considered for funding:
- Playground equipment
- Technology that is not a part of a larger curriculum or program
- Teacher development or substitute days
- Student or teacher conferences
- Financial compensation
- Teacher travel, student fieldtrips, guest speakers or performers
Grant applications are reviewed annually by the Cox Charities Advisory Council. Funding decisions are based on the quality of the application, the expected impact on students’ learning and sustainability of the project.
Applicants will be notified of their funding status before the close of the current school year. Funds will be distributed to grant recipients before the start of the upcoming school year.
Cox Charities reserves the right to accept or reject any application and to approve or decline any proposal for funding. Cox Charities also reserves the right to change the application criteria at any time. Other limitations may apply and will be evaluated on an individual basis. Grant recipients agree to submit an end-of-year report documenting program expenses and activities as well as facilitate a site visit for the Cox Charities Advisory Council.
The deadline to submit Cox Charities Innovation in Education grant applications for 2017 was March 1. Cox Charities is no longer accepting applications.
Applicants will be notified of their funding status before the close of the 2016-2017 school year. Grant recipients will receive payments prior to the start of the 2017-2018 school year.
Please visit us again in 2018 for our next grant cycle.