Cox Cares Employee Relief Program
Cox places a high value on each employee. Through company support and generous gifts from employees, the Cox Cares Employee Relief Program was formed. Its purpose is to help Cox employees with short-term financial assistance during unexpected and unavoidable financial hardships and emergencies. Cox wants to assist our employees in filling the financial gaps that exist after unanticipated emergencies.
Cox employees are eligible to apply for Cox Cares funds under multiple circumstances. However, employees should use available resources such as medical/life insurance, short/long term disability coverage, personal savings, assistance from family members, etc., before applying for assistance. In the event of an unexpected and unavoidable emergency that places a financial hardship on the employee, the employee may apply for assistance.
Situations that may qualify for assistance include:
- Accident or illness of the employee, spouse/domestic partner or immediate family member (assistance will not be provided for expenses covered by medical or disability insurance);
- Death of an immediate family member* or spouse/domestic partner;
- Travel and other expenses related to care of a critically ill employee, spouse/domestic partner or immediate family member;
- Military deployment;
- Natural disaster (flood, tornado, etc.);
- Other critical incidents (fire, theft, spouse/domestic partner laid off work, and acts of violence) that cause a dramatic disruption in income or loss of primary residence.
* Immediate family is defined as: spouse, brother/sister, children, step-children, grandchildren, parents, step-parents, grandparents, in-laws (mother/father-in-law, son/daughter-in-law).
|How It Helps|
Under Cox Cares, assistance is available to Cox employees employed for at least six months. If an employee and spouse/domestic partner are both employed by Cox, only one application per family will be accepted per incident. An employee’s spouse/domestic partner may apply for assistance in the event of an employee’s death. Each applicant may request up to the maximum amounts of assistance given below depending on the type of emergency or disaster (please remember that not all emergencies will warrant maximum assistance):
|How To Apply|
If an emergency has exhausted your resources, you may qualify for Cox Cares Employee Relief funds. As many of us have difficulty asking for assistance, you may apply for a co-worker that you know could benefit from this program.
The Employee Relief Fund Committee will not consider incomplete applications. If you have not received a response to your application within seven (7) business days or if your needs require immediate attention (i.e. 24 hours), please contact Tulsa Community Foundation at (918) 591-2427.